Content Providers & CDN
AFR-IX telecom offers to Content Providers & CDN the required infrastructure to create a CDN with more than 50 POPs strategically placed, geographically distributed, and connected via private backbone throughout Africa.
These POPs work together to provide fast and reliable delivery of Internet content.
The goal of a CDN is provide high availability and performance for the delivery of cached objects (graphics, scripts), downloads (software files, documents), live and on demand streaming content, and applications (financial, e-commerce). CDNs also provide services such as content acceleration, load balancing, content security, DDoS, and WAF.
The popularity of CDN services continues to grow, and today the vast majority of web traffic is served through CDNs, including traffic from major social media, entertainment, and e-commerce sites like Facebook, Netflix, and Amazon.
Backbone & Data Center Services
- Direct connectivity to over 300M + users in Africa.
- 50+ POPs inter-connected to AFR-IX global private backbone covering EU, LATAM, and North America.
- 140ms round trip latency to North America from Africa.
- Redundant power and connectivity in POPs.
- Regional and local support provided by highly qualified network team that includes Cisco certified engineers.
- Trusted network provider in Africa for important international companies.
- Full Cisco SDN backbone Network.
- All services under one simplified contract process.
Content Providers & CDN in Africa