With the bulk of Ethernet connectivity traffic bound to Africa still being routed over the Europe-Africa highway by way of submarine fiber systems, AFR-IX offers a service generated from three PoPs in Europe.
Organisations in Africa looking for resilient and fast connectivity can do so via this interconnected service.
Connect any city in the world to Africa and make sure those sites are only a short hop away.
The metro network put into place in West and Central Africa is the result of collaboration between AFR-IX Telecom and its Regional African Partners.
Alongside its pan-African metro Ethernet network, AFR-IX allows international non-African carriers to access such a platform via its European Points of Presence. Using various fiber systems, coupled with VSAT solutions on-demand, African and European PoPs are connected with protection to give all non-African actors peace of mind.
´´AFR-IX Telecom is your Ethernet circuit termination for all of West and Central Africa and even Africa as a whole, without compromising on SLA.´´
´´Our one-stop shop approach is also a guarantee that we bring expertise and hardware on the ground to assist your African colleagues in the IT management of their infrastructures.´´
Our European network loop
AFR-IX Telecom aggregates all connectivity with Global Tiers 1, 2 and 3 in Europe via a network ring that provides redundancy and thus a protected path for all traffic bound to Africa.
The choice is yours to interconnect with AFR-IX Telecom for a cost effective partnership. NNI locations are Paris Telehouse II, London Telehouse North and Lisbon.
- Providing redundancy and thus a protected path for all traffic bound to Africa.
- Connected to AFR-IX Europe RING Network providing robust and resilient communications.
- Interfaces available: SDH: STM-1, STM-4, STM-16 and POS.
- Ethernet: FE, GbE, 10GbE
- MPLS Services.
- IP Transit and internet Service.
- Connected to France IX.
How it works
- Just plug your sites in to our network and all pan-African sites will be connected. Our access interfaces start from 1 Mbps up to 10 Gbps.
- We work hand-in-hand with African operators dedicated to build the African telecom institutions ecosystem - a partnership network created as a one-stop-shop telecommunications provider.
- By using this infrastructure, AFR-IX can then encapsulate its MPLS nodes and interconnect them to theirs partner´s network.
- Commercially, AFR-IX can engage customers with a robust Service Level Agreement and enhanced cost effective solutions.
- AFR-IX Telecom is the number one Telecom operating service in West and Central Africa.
- AFR-IX is entrusted to deliver quality connectivity in a tailor-made fashion in remote locations.
- AFR-IX Telecom harnesses the potential of all great actors involved in the West and Central African telecom ecosystem.
- An Open Network concept that allows one to build on the strengths of all the different players shaping the telecommunications ecosystem in West and Central Africa
By bridging fibre networks with MPLS capabilities, AFR-IX has created a metro-Ethernet network with MPLS for African IT infrastructures.
The value given to you
In terms of services, AFR-IX Telecom operates its Layer 2 and Layer 3 services for Africa, guaranteeing the best SLA, unmatched service assurance and service fulfilment and billing.