AFR-IX telecom has been following developments regarding the Novel Coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak and will continue to monitor and assess the evolving situation.
Our employees, customers and partners’ wellbeing and safety is our priority and our sympathy are extended to all concerned during these very unsettling times. For this reason, AFR-IX telecom has implemented several precautionary procedures that reflect the company’s focus on:
- The health and safety of our customers, partners and employees
- The continuity of our services, with an activated Business Continuity Plan
- Compliance with local health regulations in the regions affected and World Health Organization guidance
AFR-IX telecom operations teams have confirmed they have reviewed their contingency plans with an emphasis on ensuring adequate attendance to site to maintain critical services. The team has validated what we already knew to be the case:
- The distribution of our staff and technology investments give us the ability to continue to operate remotely without compromising our customers’ security. Communication with customer won’t be affected and we will continue to not only run but deliver any service that we have been secured.
- Our Network Operations Center (NOC) is able to monitor the health of our Network 24/7 and will be continue like this.
- Our capacity at each site and global footprint allow us to continue to deliver services, as long as local authorities allow this.
- AFR-IX telecom has liaised with the supply chain and service partners to identify any potential area of risk and can confirm that currently there are no critical spares or supply shortfalls. In any case, our reserve stock and inventory allow us to operate even when the supply chain is impacted.
For AFR-IX telecom staff, we advise the following:
- If they are experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms including fever, or have visited an area with high rates of disease transmission within the past 14 days, they will not be allowed to enter any AFR-IX telecom office.
- AFR-IX telecom does not require any employee to wear a face mask in any of its local subsidiaries. We do follow local government requirements, so if the local government requires the use of a mask, we will enforce that requirement
We will continue to monitor the situation and will provide further guidance to this evolving situation as necessary. We really appreciate your cooperation and apologize for any inconvenience.
If you have any further questions, please contact us.
With kind regards